Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Counting Down

I'm not really sure where the time went, but we have a month, a month, left as a family of 3. I didn't really realize how fast this pregnancy flew by until my doctor said we'd be starting the weekly appointments now. It probably also slipped my mind because I've been feeling great for being nearly 36 weeks along with a non-toddling toddler to take care of. This time last time I was having nightly leg cramps and heartburn several times a day, and have since only had 1 leg cramp. Breathing seems a little more difficult this time around, however. The doctors say everything is good, though I still get a little worried by the lack of movement of baby girl at night. Hopefully my intuitions about her just being more easy-going than Lainey was/is are right.

No baby pool this time, but Jason and I just hope she doesn't decide to come on St. Patrick's Day and have to share her birthday with that craziness, especially when she gets to college. She could come on the 23rd and share her birthday with her Great-Grandma Blankenship, or she could come on the 25th and have a mathematical equation like her sister's birth date.

Here is some of the progress we've made on the basement bathroom:


Here is the progress we've made on getting things ready for BG#2:

(Oops, no progress there. We'll have to work on that.)

And here is Lainey, who is still not walking much (she has taken 3 steps in a row kicking the ball, like in the video), who is starting to like undressing herself, who can say her name (sometimes accurately with an L, and sometimes just as Naynay), who enjoys waving at people (but only if she initiates the greeting), who, according to her doctor, has the vocabulary of an 18-month old and is taller than she is heavy (18th %ile for weight, 65th for height), who likes to hang out on the stairs, who can eat her weight in homemade mac and cheese, and who has her first molar about to poke through:

1 comment:

  1. She looks happy/sad/scared/excited/mad in that picture where she's holding onto the gate. It's great.

    ReplyDelete