Friday, November 5, 2010

Drawing



I got out the crayons again to see if Lainey had any more interest in using them for what they were made to be used for.
She's not really into all those crafty, toddler-y, preschool-y arts and crafts.
She'd rather explore and figure out how normal, everyday things work around her.
She did occupy herself with the crayons for about 5 minutes, though.
But then she kept asking me to draw flowers after I showed her how.
Then I drew a cat (trying to keep her focused with the task at hand).
So then she started asking about Maggie, Grandma Applegate's dog.
So I drew Maggie, complete with huge, floppy ears.

Marin slid around on the kitchen floor.
She hasn't been drinking her whole bottle before bed, so she wakes up early these days because she's hungry.
That has made us discouraged about moving her into Lainey's room.
But, we think we know how to fix it.
We have to feed her before taking her upstairs to go to bed.
If she goes upstairs, she knows she's going to get to go to sleep, so she doesn't have patience to eat first.
Problem solved.
We hope.
We'd really like our room back.


No comments:

Post a Comment