Monday, November 7, 2011

Done and Other Stuff

First things first, I finished Lainey's quilt. I'd been too scared to start the binding, but I buckled down and got it all done last night after the girls went to bed. I can't wait until it softens up a bit, because it's still pretty stiff even after its first wash (that's what happens when you quilt your lines every 1/4").

Don't let the pictures fool you - she is now scared of it being on her bed and won't use it. She enjoyed it much more when it was being used as her tea party/picnic blanket during quilting.


I made pillowcases for our bed. I used this tutorial. I will never buy another pillowcase again, unless it comes with a sheet set, of course.


I've been working on doing some decoration switcheroo. Basically, Lainey and Marin's room is becoming a bright and colorful room, the way the play/craft room was. You'll notice the prints and chicken wire frame I took out of that room and put in theirs.


Here are pictures from our second snow. And what do you know... more snow tonight. One snow every week - I could get used to this.


And lastly, happy mail. A modern quilting book and "Echo" by Lotta Jansdotter... quilt for our room? table runner? I don't know yet.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all your amazingly crafty beyond beautiful things!! I wish I could be like you and sew like that. I have tried, I have no patience for it.
    What a talent!!

    ReplyDelete