Monday, March 12, 2012

The Last Four Days

During naptime on Friday, I went outside to work in the front flower beds, picking weeds, throwing leaves away, discarding the dead stuff in the perennials, sprucing up the mulch making it look new again.  We had some purplish blooms (I don't know what they are) perk up, so I thought it was time to start cleaning up in preparation for spring and to see what plants exactly we have inherited with the house.


After nap, I took the girls out.  I told Lainey I was going to take my camera to take pictures of the purple flowers, so she decided to get her camera out, too.


Marin fell down on our way to the backyard, so Lainey comforted her.


And then took her picture.


On Saturday we got out the sidewalk chalk, now that we actually have a driveway (and a big one at that) that isn't right along the street and out in the open for all the nosy neighbors.  Lainey has gotten really good at drawing faces.  She asks me to draw the head (the circle), then she fills it in with everything, sometimes even whiskers, necks, or legs.  Today she drew an egg shape accidentally (was supposed to be a head), but decided to add some long legs to it and called it a baby chicken (not pictured).  She's very clever.

  

On Sunday we went up to Jason's parents to get his cat, Kramer.  Jason adopted this cat when he was at K-State, but it's been with his parents since he got caught having it in his apartment way back when.  The girls have been very excited about getting him.  I am not a cat person (could be because my mom is allergic and I was never around them when I was little and because of the dissections I had to do in my high school anatomy class), but I'm glad he's an easy one to take care of (and comes already used to the garage!).


And then I finished the first and only window I've gotten done in this house. I've never used clip rings before, but I do really like them.  It is my goal to use a different window treatment for every room in the house, but I don't think my pocketbook can handle that.  So, thank you, Target, for making decent-looking curtain panels!

No comments:

Post a Comment