Monday, January 6, 2014

Stir Crazy

I've become one of those moms.  Probably like most moms of school-age children.  The anticipation of all the fun things to do over a break in school, to be followed quickly by the sentiment of, is it time for school to start back up yet?!!  The inability to go outside sure hasn't helped.  Add in an extra day cancelled today for extreme wind chills, and you've got yourself a case of the crazies. 

Especially when you have a newborn and all you want is a schedule, or something at least resembling one.  Even if you are scared to death of having a screaming baby (who is not all that fond of the car seat yet) for the 30 minute round trip trek for pickup.

And then a part of you wants school to never start back up because it means you'll be sticking your first-born on the bus, putting her life in someone else's hands for a good 40 minutes before arriving safe and sound to her beloved teachers.

 

Also, baby hogs.  When they want to hold Hadley, they want to do it NOW!  Actually, Lainey is good at holding her while I get up to do something really quick.  Marin is good about patting her too hard or talking too loud right next to her head.

Since the weather has been horrible er typical of winter, I suppose, I went through the older girls' old clothes.  I picked out all my favorites and washed and hung them in Hadley's armoire.  I daydreamed of this moment while in the hospital.


And I can't believe this shirt will be used again.  Like I said, biggest surprise ever.


Hadley is still pretty sleepy during the day, although she regularly gives us a 4-hour stretch at night.  Which feels like a million bucks when coupled with two other 2-hour stretches.  It is more sleep than I was getting in the weeks leading up to her birth!

At her 2-week checkup last Thursday she weighed in at 7lb 11oz and was 20" - surpassing her birth weight by a long shot!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment