Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snippets

Things have been hectic since the last time I posted.  We were all sick with a lovely preschool croup virus that would just.not.go.away.  I'm talking, 3 weeks straight of sickness.  Hadley even caught it, but she was an easy-going trouper through it all.

We had a belated Christmas celebration on the 25th with Jason's grandparents.


Jason took Lainey and Marin to Lainey's first school birthday party at the bowling alley on Feb 1st.  Also her (and Marin's) first time bowling.  I stayed home and let Hadley sleep on me for 2 hours.


And then it was Jason's birthday.  We went out for a birthday lunch, then watched the Super Bowl.  The next day I made sugar cookies in his favorite color since he didn't get a birthday cake.


And then it snowed.  And snowed.  And snowed.  And school was canceled, canceled, canceled.  The girls have spent a considerable amount of time outside.  They braved sledding down the driveway by themselves for the first year and couldn't get enough of it!


And then Lainey went and turned 5 last Friday!  We had a little last-minute get-together on Saturday.  She wanted a Frozen cake, so a blue cake with snowflakes is what she got.  Jason took them to see the movie (their first time at a movie theater) on Sunday.


Hadley has been getting chunky.  To me, she seems more like 3 month old size, not 7 weeks size.


In summary: we are all ready for spring now!

No comments:

Post a Comment