
The second bottom tooth popped through just a few days after the first, so she's been putting her Razberry to good use.
I often get asked if I'm going to teach Lainey to speak Spanish. The answer is yes and no. Yes, I will teach her the basics, but I will not force her to know more than necessary to converse (and use on family vacations to Latin America), unless she communicates to me that she wants to later on. Six months is the prime time to start second language acquisition since language is finally becoming more evident to the now-babblers. She will definitely know Spanish going into kindergarten, but with the way some school systems are these days, I think I'll worry more about her English grammar and her writing and reading skills before anything else. Plus, maybe she'll have more interest in Russian or Arabic, if she even likes language learning at all.The obsession with food grows everyday. I don't think I've seen a kid with more interest in food than a brand new toy as I see in Lainey. We ran out of baby food and decided to try a few days of finger foods instead, despite the lacking pincer grasp. Basically, she now gets a taste of whatever we eat - keeps her quiet for a couple of minutes so we can eat. She's been enjoying Cheerios, toast, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, spaghetti, mashed potatoes, and tiny bites of fish and chicken. Bananas are still on the bad list, along with peas and baby food pears. Her favorite meal she could eat 3 times a day is oatmeal with applesauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment