... you just gotta play. Mama included.
This is what we did while Marin took a 2-hour nap. TWO HOURS!!!! That is unheard of around these cat-nappin' parts. Perhaps it means she is getting over the sleep regression because she has learned to put herself back to sleep between sleep cycles. That sure would be nice for nighttime sleep, too. But if not, oh well. She's 41% of the way done with her first year, and I know at her and her sister's combined b-day party this winter that I'll think back and won't remember when she didn't sleep through the night.
She's really latching on to Lainey now. If Lainey walks over to her swing while she's trying to fall asleep for her nap, she'll spit out her pacifier and smile or laugh or both. And Marin really likes to reach out and touch Lainey. Last night we were doing our bedtime routine and Marin was fussing because she was tired and didn't want to be held in my arms, so I sat her upright next to Lainey, she spit out her pacifier, grabbed Lainey's arm, and then she started blowing bubbles and making noises and cracking herself up.
It's so hard to describe them together. Individually, it's easy. But anyway, this whole 2-kids thing is fun!
(For now.)



So my sister (melissa) told me that you found her blog. You probably barely remember me as I only lived in our apt for a semester and mostly for "show" as I spent 99% of my time w/ my fiance' getting ready for our wedding. I think it is hilarious how blog hopping helps you find new and old "friends." You have two adorable little girls. My daughter was born Feb '09 too. (the 15th actually) So they are the same age...werid. Glad life is treating you well, and I will probably blog stalk you now. ;)
ReplyDeleteFeel free to check mine out too if you want.