Sunday, September 4, 2011

IKEA

We weren't ever going to take the kids to the new IKEA that opened in Denver; we'd been warned. But we were so bored this morning we needed something different to do. And I personally just couldn't wait any longer.

We went just after they opened, so that helped a lot in chaos-management. We got each of the girls a stuffed animal, some colored chalk, a play kitchen bake set, a set of art smocks, a white pitcher for flowers and whatnot, and, of course, frozen Swedish meatballs. I really wanted to get some fabric, but that would have taken me a long time to pick out and cut (myself, since it's self-serve). Jason only got claustrophobic a couple times.

We ate in the restaurant for lunch and had meatballs, mashed potatoes and lingonberries for 3 bucks a pop, and the girls shared a free kids meal. Being in the ultra-modern restaurant reminded Jason of being in Sweden.


It really wasn't all that bad, but not something I'd do often (at least not with kids with me). I heard rumors swirling after the opening of Trader Joe's in Kansas City that an Ikea was possible in the next few years, but I'm not so sure about that... I think Denver and Chicago are close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment