Thursday, October 6, 2011

Finally Fall

It's snowing in the mountains this afternoon.  Down here, it's been cool(er) and windy, the leaves are turning and dropping quickly, and it's supposed to be a rainy weekend.  And Lainey's been asking to go get pumpkins.

Yep, fall is here.

Since I've been on my little quilt kick, I decided to go ahead and start Marin's.  I've had the fabric forever, Amy Butler's "Soul Blossoms," but I could never decide on a pattern.  I decided to go with half-square triangles, since it's so easy and versatile.


I might actually get Marin's quilted before I do Lainey's because I really want to do free-motion on Lainey's, but that is taking a TON of practice for me.  It's hard, people.  It's like drawing by moving your paper all around while your pencil stays stationary.  And Marin's is going to be straight-line quilted, which is much easier.


 I'm going with this one.  I think.

Or maybe this one.

At this rate, I'll have the next kid's quilt done before he or she is even conceived.   
Ha, right.


No comments:

Post a Comment