Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New House

I thought I'd post some pictures of the new house that I stole from the MLS listing a long time ago.  I'm glad I did that, as they will make great comparison photos for our house projects.

Most of you already know everything about the house, but for those out in bloggyland, here are some reasons we love this house:

-It's on 5 acres.  Hallelujah!
-It's big (4 beds, 2.5 baths, plus a full, unfinished, walk-out basement).  Hallelujah!
-It has brand new carpet.  (We've never been so happy to NOT have hardwood floors.)
-It has a lot of big windows for natural light.  
-It's close to a lot of things and people.
-It's in an excellent school district (if we do end up actually sending the kids there, who knows).
-It's a well-maintained, one-owner, custom-built home, so the floorplan is pretty flawless and can work with us for many, many years (in other words, we're planning on staying here until we're too old to take care of it anymore).

Now, where are our paint rollers?

  

3 comments:

  1. This house looks amazing! I am excited for you!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I hope you see this comment, but I really appreciate your input on my kitchen dilemma. So I went back through your pics to see how you did things. In your kitchen picture did you paint everything the same color all the way through to the breakfast nook? The problem with my kitchen that I may not have made clear is that the living room flows right into to it so that softlift thing you were talking about is attached to the living room wall with no break point, so painting that means I would end up painting the whole house. My floor plan is very open. But now I am intrigued by the grey color idea...I was thinking like a Sea Salt, but maybe I should just go more neutral to blend them?! I hate decorating. I know what I like, I just can't figure it out. HA! Thanks again for your input, you have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you see this one... not sure if the new reply button emails the reply or not. We haven't painted our kitchen/breakfast room yet (those are pics from the real estate listing), but yes, they will be the same color. I understand with the soffit over the patio door now; definitely want to keep that the same color as the wall it is connected to. In that case, I guess you can paint the whole area one color, or you can find two colors that work well together (one for living room, one for kitchen), or you can find a color for the kitchen that works with the existing "khaki" of the living.

      If you like Sea Salt, Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage is a great "whole house" type color. Or if you just want to go beige-y, I like Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter and Behr's Wheat Bread. Pinterest is your friend. Type the color in the search bar on there and bam, lots of inspiriation.

      Delete