waiting,
wishing,
hoping,
trusting,
and trying to be happy in the meantime.
This is the only finished area in the basement. And it's not even finished. It needs trim, a door, the steel beam covered, an upright freezer, and a box over the water shut-off valve. But this is finished enough for us for now, because, hey, it does what it's supposed to do - store food and household essentials. It's hard to tell, but the color in here is BM Gray Cashmere, a gray-green-blue, and the floors are a vinyl plank.
Jason wanted a woodworking project to work on for a bit, so I told him he could build a built-in next the fireplace. He got to work on that pretty quickly, but since he is building it from scratch (no kitchen cabinets used here!), it's taking awhile, especially since he's running lots of different cables from our main technology hub in the basement, just in case we need them someday.
Luckily, he can do it in two parts - the base and the upper shelves. He even drew it on paper as well as in Revit, like he did for our basement finish. I have the hard task of picking a paint color since I'm not sure white is a good choice with that much brick right next to it. I'm thinking a medium gray-blue, like the shutters on the mantel, which is getting painted the same color. Not to mention the brass fireplace door is going bye-bye.... someday.
I've been organizing recipes and cookbooks. Which also leads to lots of time cooking and baking in the kitchen. And then that leads me to being beiged-out (seriously over it). The only thing that keeps me sane with the kitchen are the nicely built (built, I said, not color) cabinets and the granite. And my gas cooktop. I cooked on my mom's electric stovetop over the weekend - it was a completely different world, and I will never go back to it!
Paint will definitely be my best friend when it comes to the kitchen remodel... whenever that happens.
And slowly collecting things from thrift stores (and waiting for home goods at Target to go on clearance) to fill this sparsely decorated house. I have to tell myself "collected is better than decorated" on a daily basis!
And lots of washing of hands.
Lastly, we spent the weekend in Lawrence so Jason could work on the built-in and steam clean the carpet. Lainey had more cake and got another Lalaloopsy doll.













No comments:
Post a Comment