I'm not sure exactly how much snow we got since it drifted, but somewhere around 12" sounds about right. Jason's normal 15-20 minute drive took him an hour Thursday morning. It was coming down so fast, windshields couldn't stay clear and the wind sure didn't help anything with visibility. Just before he got there, he found out that he didn't have to work. It took him about an hour and a half to get back home. All this right before his planned Friday and Monday vacation. A four-day vacation turned into five!
The sun came out this morning and so did the tractor. Thankfully it's not all that cold, and the snow is melting fast. I love the snow, but I don't like being snowed-in because I'm too chicken to drive in it!
Lainey got her leg stuck in the snow yesterday, so she was hesitant to walk in it this morning. Later on, while I was shoveling, she came up to me exclaiming, "I did it! I walked through the snow! God was in my heart and helped me! He told me I could do it!"
Marin only ventured out with me for a minute to snap some pictures of the tractor in action. Let's not forget about Hudson, either. He is, after all, how we get our very accurate accumulation measurements (when he's not blazing through the snow, that is).
And for a little rewind.
I found this picture taken last Saturday. Apparently it snowed (and melted fast)? Mom-brain has me remembering next to nothing.
Jason got the cabinet doors finished and installed for the built-in. They have self-closing, hidden hinges. Obviously we need to install the upper shelves and paint the whole thing. And the walls. And the base trim.
Our 28 year old upstairs furnace stopped working a few days ago (just in time for the snow - thankfully we have another brand-new one!). We thought we might get a new furnace with the FOUR days we had left on our home warranty that came with the house purchase last year. After doing some research on the company, we decided to not even bother with them because, apparently, they are worthless (to put it lightly). Jason investigated it and fixed it himself. Hopefully the new parts keep it working for another year or so while we save up for a new one. Want to see what had to be replaced (and a really old, rusty furnace)? Me neither.
I found this new little bud in my snake plant. A few minutes before that, I saw some hyacinths starting to pop up in a bed out front. I'm getting very excited for spring and planting season!














No comments:
Post a Comment