The doctor reminded me at an appointment 2 weeks ago that I am about half way done. Then I about lost it. And I about lost it all the way through Wal-Mart after that (who can think of anything besides getting the heck out of Wal-Mart while in Wal-Mart?! Obviously not me!). I have been feeling the baby since 16 weeks; Jason has felt him/her for about 2 weeks now. The girls have tried, but they don't have the patience.
I have just recently graduated to maternity pants - love/hate them.
We are going in for the 20 week ultrasound in a week and a half. How is one supposed to keep their eyes from searching for a glimpse of the private area??!
We finally got around to planting an empty bed in front of the dining room window. I have been eying limelight/little lime hydrangeas since the winter, so I am happy to finally have some (there is some new purple veronica in there, too). I didn't realize until a few days ago that they are some of the only perennials (at least for common folk) that have green flowers; I chose green flowers for our wedding flowers not knowing that flowers just aren't green much!
They had quite a bit of transplant shock thanks to the drought and heat wave, but they are on the mend now that it has cooled down. I'm not sure they will make it out of the "broccoli stage" this year, but I can't wait to see them after they've become established.
I took the girls to the indoor aquatic center in Lawrence. We were in the water for 2 hours. They were getting quite brave with wandering off on their own to deeper waters, but we haven't swam much since then. It wears a pregnant lady out, especially with driving another 45 minutes to get home (after a 15 minute fight to get them to leave grandma's).
I've been working on getting my Etsy shop up and running again, hoping to clear out some fabrics and not be such a hoarder. Plus, it keeps me sane. Plus, I just couldn't resist making something with this wave chevron. This is probably my last chance to sew for quite awhile, at least until baby #3 is independent or easily entertained by big sisters.
This led to Lainey deciding she wanted to learn to sew. I gave her a quick lesson and let her go! She pieced a couple of squares together. Although it was a large 1" seam, it was straight! Thank goodness for machines that have a foot pedal-less/automatic/start-stop button.
Lainey was taking pictures on my phone one night. We ended up getting a picture of both of the girls with their papa, which is very rare.
I have a plan for the nursery. It most likely won't come together how I want it, but that is the plight of the third born. At this point, I doubt I will care too much about even having a finished room for him/her, but I'm sure that will change in the 3rd trimester. I have sanded down 85% of the oak trim in prep for white paint. That owl is the only thing we have bought for baby - again, third child problems.
And here are a few bonus pictures for your enjoyment.
![]() |
| 4th of July lounging. |
![]() |
| Wouldn't she look cute rocking her baby sibling in this?! |













awwww love reading your blog!! I am wishing you a great pregnancy!!
ReplyDelete