Jason's mom took the girls, cousin Brooklyn, and me to see The Little Mermaid at Starlight Theatre last weekend. It was a great, late show, but the girls managed to stay awake for the whole thing. The loud parts were a little too loud being close to the stage, but in general, no fussing from the girls. Marin especially loved the pit under the stage; Lainey was too scared to go see it at intermission for fear of Ursula being under there!
Lainey loves bugs that don't fly. I probably already mentioned that. Here she is playing with a fuzzy caterpillar.
So what, exactly, have the girls been up to lately? B-A-R-B-I-E-S. Barbies, Barbies, everywhere!! They like to take my fabric scraps and make clothes for them using tape. My mom brought up all the "Barbies" she (and then my sister and I) played with and the clothes Grandma made for them for the girls to play with. They've also been painting them with watercolors. Whatever keeps them busy, quiet and playing together!
There were two fawn lying in our front yard the evening before last (which became their favorite spot for several days). They were there a long time; I assume they were waiting for mama to come back to them. I could seriously watch the deer all day, but 20 minutes is all I've stalked one mama for. After one incident of eating my knockout roses earlier this summer, I am happy to report that Liquid Fence does indeed work as a deer repellent. I like them, but not that close to the house!
Last but not least, I had the 20 week ultrasound today. Everything looks good. Baby measures on average a day ahead of schedule, although its legs measured a week and a half longer. We didn't get too many good pictures because he/she is very low and very cramped. And, in all honesty, I couldn't wait until the sono tech was done checking things because she was pushing really hard!











No comments:
Post a Comment