Wednesday, February 9, 2011

24 and 10

I have a 24-month old and a 10-month old.
They're basically twins.
They've been playing together a lot during the day.
Marin likes to get Lainey's attention by crawling, then plopping down on the floor on her stomach, then crawling some more, then plopping.
Lainey thinks that is funny, so she joins Marin.
Then they chase each other around the main floor of the house and all I hear are squeals of happiness and excitement for a good 5 minutes.

Lainey's birthday was a normal day for us, but she did know very well that it was her birthday and would proudly tell us how old she is when we asked.
She will be celebrated in full in March at the combined party.
But we did take her in the snow the day before, as a treat, which was her first time to ever really get into deep snow.
She was out for a good half-hour.
And she got a pillow pet thing.





Lainey likes to accessorize.
She loves to pile on hats, gloves, socks, shoes... as you saw in the previous post.
This is her hippie look.



And one more point that I don't have a picture for.
Clifford and Caillou are her favorite shows right now.
Unfortunately, I don't really like Caillou; he sounds whiny.
He taught Lainey to say mommy and daddy.
So she sometimes calls me mommy for fun.
I am now limiting her Caillou viewing.



Marin can take one or two unassisted steps.
Then she gets scared and gets down.

As you know, she loves sippy cups.



BUT, she's decided that letting all the milk dribble out of her mouth is more fun than swallowing it.



Hudson is fine with that.



And also, how is my baby already wearing (since 9 months) the shoes her sister first got when she was 14 months old?

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2nd Birthday to Lainey! Good call on the combined party. That is totally what we will be doing in the future...and poor Lo isn't really even getting a party this year either. Oh well, they are two they won't remember...right?! ;)

    I love all your pictures. Wish I could take pics like that!

    ReplyDelete