Thursday, February 24, 2011

Books

This is going to be a boring post.
I mean, books and pictures of a 2-year old's coloring?!
I often have pictures on the camera, but not the right words that can accompany them, so this is what you get.
Plus, I've been busy getting my Etsy shop stocked (and first 2 orders sent), working on birthday party stuff, and going to the dentist multiple times.

When Marin looks at a book, she looks at a book. Intently.
She's always been a little into books.
Way more than her sister, who only ever wanted to turn the pages (she's better now).
So it's no surprise that she can look at this book for minutes without the urge to fly off the couch while I take her picture.

She loves ducks.
She makes it known to us that there are ducks whenever she sees one on the tv or in a book.
Recently, whenever I'm singing Old MacDonald Had a Farm, just after I sing "(...) and on that farm he had a - ," Marin shouts out DUCK!
Every time.





Lainey got a new coloring book for her markers.
It's Mickey Mouse.
We don't have cable, so we don't do Disney much, but she saw a video for Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse (or whatever it is) on YouTube the other day, and she's been obsessed since.
She calls hims Kitty Mouse, because we have this weird looking Happy Meal toy that looks like a cross between a cat and a mouse, and that is what we call her.
Close enough.

Anyway, I was checking her work after she had colored some, like a good teacher should.
This is what she had done.




No comments:

Post a Comment