Monday, April 30, 2012

Two Weeks

The last time I wrote was two weeks ago today.  I guess it's time for an update.

Two weeks (plus one day) ago was when Lainey became a big girl and potty-trained herself in a matter of about 10 minutes.  She had 2 accidents and a few nights of wetting the bed (if she didn't use the potty before bed, which is not her favorite thing in the world) early on, but is now a potty master.  She hasn't worn a diaper except for the first night (two weeks + 1 day ago).  After the first week, she got her reward that she has been wanting for some time of staying the night at grandma's.  It's quite amazing that we are on the other side now, when we thought for sure we would never be here.

Now it's Marin's turn...

The rhododendrons bloomed.  I have two of them, but one of them didn't bloom, so I'm not sure if it lost its ability to bloom or if was just trimmed back too much in recent years.


The lilac bush started to come out in full force and attracted butterflies like crazy.  Then heavy rain and strong winds sort of smashed the buds that hadn't opened, so it was short-lived.  Maybe some of them will open up next time we have sunshine.



And this cardinal wouldn't leave us (or our cars) alone.  


I had 2.5 yards of this fabric stashed away for my first garment sewing project, but I think the fabric is a little too heavy for that purpose, so I decided to see what it looked like as a curtain.  It's a keeper!  But, now I have to hunt down 5 more yards of it.

You'll also see that the walls are no longer pink-beige in the sewing/guest room.  They are a greige (gray + beige) called "Wheat Bread" by Behr.  Someday I'll get an entire room put together and post room photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment