Thursday, March 10, 2011

Uninteresting

Life has been blah and boring lately.
Some years, February and March are just blah months - when you aren't anticipating the arrival of a new baby.

Sure, it's been nice quite a few days, but every day that has been nice has also been windy.
And our grass is nasty.
Especially because we are 25 inches short on snowfall this season.

So things are old.
This town, this house, this life with no family, no breaks from kids or work, and no fun things to do - it's all getting old.
I mean, I can't even go to long overdue dentist and eye appointments without it being a major deal for Jason to take off work.
Lame.
But that's why we have spring - to make us long for change, to get us planning about our future, about how we can change things and make them better.
And that's what we've been doing... planning, thinking, researching.

And I've been working on a bag for my little sister.
They can't have backpacks at school (but they can have gigantic bags twice the size of a backpack?).
Security reasons, said my mom.
I guess people only carry guns in backpacks???
Somebody should enlighten me on this, because that don't make no sense.
Maybe kids steal things out of other kids' backpacks while they are on their backs??
It's called consequences for your actions, if that is the case.
Whatever it is, public schools need to quit babying kids.




And a bag for myself in Echino fabric that I am pretty much in love with.



And my last point to make a case for my missing from this blog:
Marin.

She tells me what the cow and bee say when I ask her now. Hallelujah.
(That has nothing to do with me missing from the blog.)

She's been refusing her first nap.
That nap is very important for me for getting things done.
Now it's spent going up and down the stairs multiple times to keep telling her it's naptime.

She likes Lainey's markers now.
She can take lids on and off and is starting to put them to paper to color.
But what happens when I try to get a picture of that for all you blog readers?
Yeah, she stops and comes crawling for my camera.
Hence, no pictures of the kids.
Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment