Monday, January 24, 2011

Lately

I was going to write all about our lovely Sunday, but it got lengthy.

Here are some major points:

1. Marin has been refusing her first nap. It took something like 10 tries to get her to sleep Sunday morning.

2. Lainey decided to refuse her nap, and Marin slept for less than 30 minutes for her second nap.

3. Lainey decided to escape her crib, twice, at nap time. Is there a toddler bed in our future?

4. In an attempt to get the kids to chill out, we went to a far-away Target. But Marin hates car rides, apparently.

Needless to say, the kids went to bed earlier than usual Sunday night.

--------

A few days ago I let Lainey paint with watercolors for the first time. She LOVED it and was asking for water in a bowl (for the paint) non-stop. (And it is good practice for colors since she has to tell me which color she wants next so I can put it on the brush.) Thankfully, she was back on her marker obsession rather quickly (Crayola Color Wonder, again, for any of you worried folk). She is getting better at trying to stay inside the lines and is even holding the markers the right way. Now only if she would remember to put the lids back on when she's done.



She is also really liking practicing and singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.



Marin is saying pa-pa and ba-ba now. Hallelujah.
We are working hard on animal sounds with her; she really likes moving her arms for monkeys.
She can walk (barely) holding just one of our hands.
And she has just about gotten one point of one of her molars through - not like I'm paying that much attention or anything.

-----

Here is a reversible bag I was making on that fretful Sunday. It was a royal pain (or was it those kids?) and did not get ironed (kids, again), but great practice for when I actually want to make a bag that I will use.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I have no idea how you do it. Even with one I don't feel that accomplished. Lo is so behind she doesn't know any of that stuff. :/ Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete