Friday, January 14, 2011

One Reason...

... I love the internet is because of the vast amount of activities, inspiration and DIY projects out there, especially in blog-land. I also hate it because of the stupidity it encourages. Period.

I saw this on one of my favorite crafty blogs this morning and got straight to it with Lainey while we were waiting for Marin to wake up from her morning nap.



I thought she would like it, being the little engineer that she is, but she only lasted about 15 minutes. And ate every other marshmallow. Maybe if her papa could show her how to be enthusiastic about building things, she would have really enjoyed it.



We did work on shapes though (good activity for that).




Not like she needs much practice in that area. She's good with shapes.
She's also good with numbers. Right now she counts to 6, then does 9-11. She's also singing the ABCs in sections, depending on what I sing to her first. But I can pretty much start anywhere in the alphabet, and she'll know where to pick up.

{ And I always forget to document this, but she is one of the most polite little kids I think I've ever known. She loves to say thank you and 'scuse me and knows when to say sorry (to her sister). And sort of on the subject, when she wants to take a toy away from Marin, she will stop and remember to go get another toy to put in its place. Brilliant. }

We need more work on colors. Right now she is really good at yellow and green (thanks to her love of tractors and combines).

But really, that's all she's been up to. (Oh, and talking. She repeats pretty much everything we say in her little chirpy voice with 90% clarity, which is awesome and pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.)

Too bad there is still snow on the ground, or she could've gone outside this week since it was in the upper 40s/lower 50s. But mud and I don't get along. Besides, it is very hard to get her to come inside once she's out these days.

----------

Marin eats more table food than she does baby food now.
I'm so glad to be nearly done with that nasty stuff.
(She is, too.)


No comments:

Post a Comment