Wednesday, January 19, 2011

That Was Quick

So, I finished my first official sewing project, which was more like my practice project.
Don't look too closely at it.




I learned a bunch of stuff.

Things like:

Go slow
Lift the presser foot often
Get some real, full-size spools of thread

and

Don't use fabrics that are difficult and messy to work with, like corduroy and minky.
(But, hey, I'm cheap, and that's what I had on hand. I even stuffed him with filling from an old bear the girls won't miss. Shhh, don't tell.)

Lainey took a lot of interest in him once I turned him out and started stuffing.



I think she likes him, but I hope she doesn't make too much of an attachment to him because 1) I can do better, and 2) I don't think he's going to be with us forever because I won't be fixing him every time something comes loose.
Which will probably be next week. Ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment